The legal industry has a certain reputation when it comes to legal fees and at Michael Bower Equine Law (part of Waddington Turner Wall Solicitors) we completely understand that one of the most worrying things about seeking legal advice is the cost, whatever your financial position. Some of these concerns relate to hourly rates, hidden costs, fees getting out of control and large unexplained invoices. With this in mind we offer the following promise.
- For certain types of legal work we offer fixed fees so that you know
how much the total work will cost you.
- For Personal Injury cases we offer our legal services on a no win-no fee basis. If the matter is covered by legal indemnity insurance then we will explain clearly how this works and how the costs will be covered.
- If we are charging an hourly rate we will provide a clear cost estimate at the beginning of your case so you understand what work will need to be done and what the likely overall cost will be.
- We will stick to that cost estimate unless there are unforeseen developments or additional work or expenditure. If that is the case then we will contact you in good time to amend the cost estimate and discuss why the additional spend is required. At this point, you can decide whether or not you wish to proceed. No additional costs will be incurred without your approval.
- Regular updates on what work that we are doing for you and how much it is costing will be provided via a method that suits you i.e. letter, e-mail or phone.
- We will discuss and agree the regularity of invoices, to enable you to budget for the fees involved and to make payments as easy as possible: rather than receiving a large invoice out of the blue.
- Even if the overall case is based on an hourly rate there may still be elements of the costs that are based on fixed fees e.g. some types of court hearings, conferences, standard letters and telephone calls which means that the overall costs are kept down.
- Fee payments can be tailored to your needs so that you can choose to pay in advance, monthly or at other intervals that are agreeable to you and us.
We would be delighted to explain how they can help. To contact us, please:
To get in touch with us
We would be delighted to explain how we can help. To contact us, please:
Please note that for the Christmas holidays we will close at 12 noon on Friday 22nd December and reopen at 9am on Tuesday 2nd January 2024.